Monday, August 29, 2011

Single Story 2011

"Danger Of A Single Story"

1)What does it mean to have a 'single story' about a place or community?
Is to have an idea about a place where you have never gone to and you make assumptions about it, usually never good thoughts.

What is missing from that story? How could people learn more about that community?
2)Describe a single story you have heard told about your community.
I have heard people saying that in my community every person is s thug and that they have no future. They do not know that a lot of people where I live at they actually go to school and they do have bright futures. I think that they really need to go to my community and actually hang out with people so that they can see what is really going on.

3)Describe a single story you have heard about another community. How did you learn that story? How could you find out more about that community?
I found out about the single story of the east side of Austin. I have always lived on the North side of Austin so when I heard that the east side is a really bad side to study at because of all the drop outs and the gangs and drugs I was really scared because I had to study in this certain area. Once I went to the school and really spent time in this side of Austin I realized that it was not like how people describe it. Yes it does have drugs and gangs but its not everywhere.

4)How could a game let players experience many stories about a place or community?
It can tell them by making the game with information about the certain topic that they have in order for them to learn more. I could also have images or pictures about the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment